How to Support Us
If you are keen to see a new, more accessible Lidl foodstore in Borehamwood alongside a new modern employment unit, please show your support for the proposed Lidl application in three ways:
- Visit: our petition site and sign our online petition.
- Write a support letter or send a support email, and send copies to and/or telephone your local Councillors. The online petition will demonstrate the overall level of support for the Lidl application. However, personal letters/emails/phone calls of support will carry significantly more weight. To give the Lidl application the best chance of success, please help us by voicing your support.
- Submit a formal support comment directly to the Hertsmere’s planning website once our application is submitted.
- The Elstree & Borehamwood Residents Association have started an online poll for our proposal – please visit their Facebook Page to take part.
Letters or emails need not be long, but should concentrate on ‘planning issues’ to be the most effective. Example ‘planning issues’ are outlined on the Reasons To Support Us page
Please write to us and (if possible) send copies to and/or telephone your local Councillors (addresses and contact details can be found via the Councillor Contacts link):
- Planning Department, Hertsmere Borough Council. c/o Lidl London North West Property Office,1st floor, 4-14 Blackbird Hill, Wembley, NW9 8SD. The letter heading should read: “Proposed Lidl Foodstore and New Employment Unit – Elstree Way, Borehamwood, WD6 1PX”.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and (if possible) cc and/or telephone your local Councillors. The subject should be “Proposed Lidl Foodstore and New Employment Unit – Elstree Way, Borehamwood, WD6 1PX”.
If you do not support our draft proposals you can also e-mail us at email@example.com with any comments that you wish to make.