Reasons to Support Us
- Up to 40 new retail jobs will be created in the Lidl foodstore for local residents;
- Additional industrial/distribution jobs will be created by the new employment unit;
- The store will provide a more accessible foodstore for people on the east side of Borehamwood;
- The proposal would improve choice and promote competition;
- Lidl stocks a variety of unique product lines which are not available from other mainstream retailers;
- 80% of Lidl’s British fresh produce bears the Red Tractor logo¹, so you can be assured that you are buying British;
- The proposed development would replace a building which is dated and surplus to modern requirements;
- The new Lidl store and the employment unit will attract more investment into Borehamwood.
- A modern foodstore building using high quality materials will add a contemporary dimension to the existing streetscape;
- A new modern employment unit which responds to current industrial/distribution demand;
- Significantly improve the overall visual impact of the existing site use.
- Sustainable construction techniques will be employed as well as the use of sustainable materials where possible;
- Lidl operate a highly energy efficient business with a strong commitment to recycling and the use of energy efficient equipment and techniques within the store to reduce carbon emissions;
- The store will be constructed with Photovoltaic (solar) panels on the roof, which will contribute to much of the store’s energy needs;
- Customer cycle bays are positioned close to the store entrance to provide sustainable trips. In addition a bus stop is located close to the site.